QR Code Management
When you do a search, the results from the following items will be returned:
- QR Codes
- Pages (including help)
You can search by QR Code name, notes, content and ID. The campaigns are matched against their name and notes.
Listing the QR Codes
There are two ways to view the QR Codes you have:
- By clicking the "QR Codes" link in the left navigation - this will show all the QR Codes you have generated
- By clicking on Campaigns and then from the campaigns listing select a campaign - this will show only the QR Codes within that campaign
The only difference between these two listings is that the QR Codes listing will show in a separate column the Campaign to which each QR Code belongs.
Each row of the listing consists of:
- Checkbox - use this checkbox to mark the QR Code and then perform Bulk Actions with the selected QR Codes (see the next section).
- A preview of the QR Code - hover to see a bigger one.
- A dropdown to select a file format in which you would like to see (click the "Open" button below) or download (click the "Download" button underneath) the QR Code.
- The name of the QR Code - click to view and edit the details; hover to view the notes for the QR Code (if any).
- The next icon links to the Statistics. If the QR Code is not tracked then the statistics are not available and this icon will be missing.
- Campaign name - this column is shown only when viewing all QR Codes by clicking on "QR Codes" link; when browsing a Campaign this column is absent.
- Date - when the QR Code was generated.
- Type - the content type of the QR Code.
- Tracking URL - if the QR Code is tracked this will show the URL where the QR Code points to (and the actual tracking occurs), the end point where the QR Code redirects is shown in the next comment. If the QR Code is not tracked this column will be empty.
- Data - this is the content that will be presented to the user. If the QR Code has tracking, this is the content that will be served when the code is scanned. Otherwise if the QR Code is not tracked, this is the content that the user will get when he/she scans the code.
- Actions - an Edit and Delete icons.
Bulk Actions with QR Codes
The Bulk Actions with QR Codes are available when at least one QR Code is selected by checking its checkbox. The following Bulk Actions are available:
- Compare Statistics - after selecting several codes and choosing this option you will be redirected to the Statistics screen with statistics comparison and aggregation for the selected codes.
- Export Selected - before this option is selected an export format has to be chosen from the dropdown that is right next. For more details in regards to the Bulk Export please check the following section "Bulk Export".
- Export all on this page - this option does not require to have any QR Codes selected, instead it will export all QR Codes visible on this page. You can control how many QR Codes are shown per page with the dropdown available on the right above the table. Before you choose this option you have to select the "export format". To find out more about the Bulk Export please read the following section "Bulk Export".
- Move Selected to Campaign - after choosing this a popup will appear where you will have to choose a Campaign where you would like to move the selected Codes.
- Delete Selected - when chosen a promp will appear for you to confirm do you want to delete the selected Codes. If you confirm the selected QR Codes will be deleted and the listing refreshed.
Using the Bulk Export you can export the information about the QR Codes and the QR Codes themselves in one zip archive. The zip archive will be named "export_somerandomstring.zip" and will contain the following:
- a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file named "export_somerandomstring.csv" containing all the data about the QR Codes in a format suitable for importing into a spreadsheet program. The exact format of the columns is available in the next section "Bulk Export CSV format"
- a file for each exported QR Code named after the name of the QR Code. The file format is the one you have chosen for "file format" when exporting
Bulk Export CSV format
The values in the CSV file are separated by comma, the values are not enclosed in quotes and the row separator is the new line character that is used by your Operating System (the systems detects your OS and uses the appropriate new line character during the export process).
The CSV file contains as a first line the names of the columns; they are listed here as follows from the first one:
- qrcode_id - the internal ID of the QR Code
- campaign_id - the internal ID of the campaign where the QR Code is
- qrcode_image - the actual image file name of the QR Code
- qrcode_error_correction - the error correction level
- qrcode_point_size - the block size in pixels
- qrcode_border - the border size in blocks
- qrcode_color - the foreground color
- qrcode_bgcolor - the background color
- qrcode_design - the style of the blocks on the QR Code (integer value; 1- square, 2 - rounded, 3 - cirle)
- qrcode_type - the internal type of the QR Code
- qrcode_text - the exact content of the QR Code - this can be the Tracking URL is tracking is enabled or the actual content of the QR Code if there is no tracking
- qrcode_track - is the QR Code tracked
- qrcode_tracking_key - the key part of the tracking URL (that is the ABCD part from the http://t.azon.biz/ABCD)
- qrcode_hosted_content - this is the content of the QR Code if Tracking is enabled, otherwise it should be empty
- qrcode_get_geolocation - shall the QR Tracking request Geolocation for this QR Code
- qrcode_redirect_geolocation - shall be the redirection of the Geolocation promps be enabled
- qrcode_is_imported - was the QR Code imported & generated using the QR Code Reader
- qrcode_is_frame_based - if the QR Code was imported & generated using the QR Code Reader was it bit frame based or content based import
- qrcode_remote_track - is the Self Hosted Tracking enabled
- qrcode_remote_stats_url - NOT USED
- qrcode_remote_stats_key - this is the Secret Key used by the system to retrieve the statistics data from your server (if Self Hosted Tracking is enabled)
- qrcode_remote_stats_refresh_period - NOT USED
- lang - the language of this export (two characters language code)
- qrcode_name - the name of the QR Code
- qrcode_notes - the notes for this QR Code
- campaign_name - the name of the Campaign where this QR Code is
- campaign_notes - the notes for this Campaign
- class_id - INTERNAL FIELD
- object_id - INTERNAL FIELD
- object_version - INTERNAL FIELD
- object_create_role_id - INTERNAL FIELD
- object_create_time - when the QR Code was created as a Unix Timestamp
- object_last_change_role_id - INTERNAL FIELD
- object_last_change_time - when the QR Code was modified for the last time
- role_id - INTERNAL FIELD
- action_id - INTERNAL FIELD
To list all your Campaigns just click on the Campaigns link from the left navigation panel. This will give you a list with the following columns:
- Checkbox - to be used for bulk actions with the Campaigns. See the Bulk Actions with Campaigns section below.
- Campaign name - click to view the Campaign details and the QR Codes within it. Hover to view the Campaign notes (if any).
- Statistics icon - click to view the comparison and aggregated statistics for all QR Codes within that Campaign
- QR Codes - the amount of QR Codes in this Campaign
- Date - when the Campaign was created
- Actions - Edit and Delete icons available. If you are using the Enterprise package a Permissions icon will be shown. To find out more about permissions please read our help page about Sub Users.
Bulk Actions with Campaigns
The only available Bulk Action at the moment with Campaigns is Compare Statistics.